These guidelines are to establish order, ensure the group is productive and all members conduct themselves in a professional manor. The executive team reserves the right to amend these policies as needed without prior notice.
- Members should be small business owners, professions, and persons in a management role within the London, Ontario area.
- Only one person from each professional discipline, trade or business is permitted to be part of the group.
- Members must represent their primary occupation, not a part-time business.
- Any multi-level marketing company representatives must represent their products and /or services and not recruit for the business opportunity component of their company during the meetings.
- Members who wish to change their classification must submit a new membership application and get approval from the Executive Team for the classification change.
- Membership dues at $500 per year – paid annually or semi-annually.
- Dues are due at the first regular meeting in January and the first regular meeting in July.
- Members with dues 30 days in arears will be removed from the group.
- New members will be charged pro-rated dues.
- Upon acceptance into the group, fees are non-refundable.
CODE OF ETHICS & CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- LEN members will always deal with one another and with any referrals given in an ethical and supportive manner, providing prompt quality service.
- Membership can be revoked at any time for any reason with a majority vote from the executive team.
- Executive Team has final authority relating to conflicts.
- Meetings start at 7:45 am on every other Wednesday.
- The weekly meetings last for 75-minutes. Consisting of 15-minutes networking and 60-minute formal meeting.
- A member is expected to attend every meeting. When a member cannot attend, he/she should send a substitute to the meeting.
- Any member that has missed 3 meetings within a quarter year may have their membership revoked without rebate of any fee.
- Executive team can provide grace for missed meetings.
- Members must inform the executive team (vice-president) at least 1 week prior if unable to attend.
PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS / VISITORS
- Visitors may attend meetings up to two times before applying for membership in LEN.
- Referring member will receive a ¼ year discount in future dues for introducing a new member.
EXECUTIVE TEAM, COMMITTEES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Elections should take place every year at the first meeting of the year.
- The president should be the former year’s vice president.
- Preside over all meetings and conduct the general business of the group.
- Should schedule meetings & communicate with venue.
- Should take over the duties of the president in their absence.
- Should collect & track all membership dues.
- Should pay all bills, once approved by the president.
- Treasurers report & bank accounts should be audited every year.
- Membership Committee
- Should reach out to all visitors & prospective members to provide information about membership.
- Social & Special Events Committee
- Should plan & organize social events throughout the year. As a guide 1 social event per quarter is preferred.
- Social Media Committee
- Should post regularly on social media networks and solicit members to actively participate on these networks.
- Website Committee
- Should maintain the website and membership list on the website.